As in-car technologies advance, EMC tests are vital to make sure vehicles and their component parts function reliably and do not affect each other.
EMC is tested in two ways: susceptibility and emissions. Susceptibility tests a device’s ability to function with the electrical and magnetic disturbances of its environment. Emissions checks if it will cause any disturbance to other devices nearby.
SGS is equipped to carry out EMC measurements on traditional and high-voltage e-mobility components and systems. We use shielded rooms, anechoic chambers, GTEM/TEM cells, pulse generators, EM scan and CAN bus monitoring to test:
- ElectroMagnetic Interference (EMI):
- Radiated emissions (RE)
- Conducted emissions (CE)
- Electromagnetic field measurement (EMF)
- ElectroMagnetic Susceptibility (EMS):
- Radiated immunity (RI)
- Transverse electromagnetic (TEM)
- Bulk current injection (BCI)
- Magnetic fields
- ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD)
- Conducted transient immunity (CTI)
- Conducted transient emissions (CTE)
- Burst according to IEC 61000-4-4 and Surge acc IEC 61000-4-5 at DC high voltage interfaces up to 1000 V/100 A DC
- Test including Homologation (Type Approval) and CoP inspections according to UNECE R 10.6车辆 & 组件:
- E1 Marking (KBA, German 汽车 Authority)
- E9 Marking (IDIADA, Spanish Authority)
- E11 Marking (VCA, British Authority)
- E17 Marking (Traficom, Finnish Authority)
- E24 Marking (NSAI, Irish 汽车 Authority)
Our global EMC testing services comply with all regulations and international standards including ISO, EN, CISPR and SAE. We also meet original equipment manufacturer (OEM) standards for all the major manufacturers including BMW, 大众汽车, Jaguar Land Rover, 现代, 三菱, 沃尔沃, GM, 克莱斯勒, 福特, Mercedes-Benz and many more.
Why choose SGS for your EMC tests?
We are the world’s leading testing and verification company, with laboratories, test engineers and industry experts located throughout the world. We are ISO/IEC accredited and recognized by all the main OEMs. We conduct regular seminars to support the automotive supply-chain and offer ongoing solutions for OEMs, making us an ideal partner for all your electromagnetic compatibility and other automotive testing needs.