When welding quality is not managed and/or welding does not meet industry expectations, your product and reputation are at risk. To help you avoid costly delays due to sub-standard welding procedures, we offer you a range of weld testing services, providing vital quality assurance that is critical for material safety and performance.
Why Choose Weld Testing dafabetcasino手机版 from SGS?
Our weld testing services include:
- Welding invigilation – our accreditations enable us to witness weld procedure qualification records and welder qualification tests in accordance with British, European and American standards
- UKAS 17025 accredited laboratories – our ISO 17025 UKAS accredited laboratories offer a wide variety of metallurgical, 机械, chemical analysis, pressure and corrosion testing services
- Visual welding 检查 – we employ certified and experienced welding inspectors, who can perform visual and dimensional checks on pipe and structural welds
- Metallurgical testing – we perform in-depth analysis of steel samples to look for microstructural defects and different phases present in duplex and super duplex as well as numerous other welded materials
- Mechanical testing – we conduct a wide variety of 机械 tests on welded samples. Also known as destructive tests, they can be used for design purposes and to determine if the variables used to produce a welded joint are acceptable. Mechanical testing allows us to determine a material’s properties, including yield 强度, ultimate tensile 强度, 延性, notch (impact) toughness, fracture toughness and hardness
- Butt weld testing – we can perform a range of testing on a butt weld joint to determine the quality, 强度, hardness and 延性 of the weld. Some of the tests we perform are NDT, 拉伸测试, 弯曲测试, 影响测试, macro examination and hardness tests. 这些测试, as well as some others, can be used to determine the acceptability of a weld procedure or a welder qualification test
- Fillet weld testing – we can determine the quality of a fillet weld joint by performing NDT and 机械 testing. Macro examinations and fillet fracture tests give a good view of profile, fusion and penetration, and reveal whether there are any imperfections, such as porosity or inclusions, 在焊接. 这些测试 are used to test the welder’s ability to weld a fillet weld
全球 Experience in Weld Testing
As a world leading provider of metallurgical services, we offer you unrivaled experience and expertise in weld testing methods. That’s why we are the first choice for a wide variety of manufacturing clients.
From weld procedure qualification tests to welder qualification testing, our 10,000 sq. ft. machine shop is fully equipped to handle weld coupons of any size. +, to ensure that you never miss a deadline due to testing delays, our team of experienced engineers provides fast turnarounds and unmatched quality control.
To discuss your weld testing requirements, contact us today.